Looking for a pocket projector with a balance of quality and affordability? Here we’ve collected the best models available in the sub-$200 price range. This guide has been updated for 2012.
Many of these pico projectors will project from a laptop, a home theater system, an iPod or iPhone, camcorder, or digital camera. While cheap pocket projectors are often less bright than their full-size and more expensive counterparts, many people find them well suited to their needs. The portability can’t be beat, and they are often ideal for a quick movie theater or slideshow presentation setup on the go.
Without further ado, here are the best inexpensive pocket projectors, as judged by popularity and user reviews:
Optoma PK120 Pico Pocket Projector
- Palm-sized, lightweight and rechargeable
- Project large widescreen images (640 x 360) of up to 70-inch diagonal
- LED light source provides 18 ANSI lumens brightness lasts over 20,000 hours while producing excellent color
- 2000:1 contrast ratio for detailed images
- Built-in sound with two 0.5W speakers
- Movie, photo and MS Office file player allows for direct playback without a PC
- On-board memory and microSD card slot allows for memory expansion up to 32GB
- VGA cable adapter standard – Connect to PCs and laptops to display content
- Composite video input for connection to many portable devices
- Included red and silver bezels let you personalize your PK120
Check out prices and user reviews of the Optoma PK120 Pico Pocket Projector on Amazon.
AAXA P1 Jr Ultra Portable Pico Pocket Projector
- 10 ANSI Lumens
- Projection Image 10 to 50 inches
- Single Chip White LED
- Life 15,000 hours
- 0.5 Watt Mono Speaker
- Aspect Ratio Control: 4.3
- Supports MP4/MPG/3GP/AVI/JPG/TXT
- Composite A/V Input
Check out prices and user reviews of the AAXA P1 Jr Ultra Pocket Projector on Amazon.
Cinemin Swivel Multimedia Pico Projector
- Compatible with iPod and iPhone. Not compatible with computers.
- Ultra-portable pico projector
- Over 2 Hours of Battery Life
- Adjustable 90 Degree Hinge For Ceiling Projection
- Full Volume Control
- This pocket-size projector features DLP projection technology
- It has a unique 90-degree hinge that allows you to project onto virtually any surface
- Use it to connect to a wide variety of handheld devices such as the iPod, iPhone and Flip Video
- Cinemin Swivel produces remarkably clear, high contrast pictures with a resolution of 480 x 320 (HVGA)
- It has four international adapters for charging abroad
Check out prices and user reviews of the Cinemin Swivel Multimedia Pico Projector on Amazon.
- Ultra-light at 4 ounces including battery
- Projects image size up to 60 inches; Utilizes DLP Pico technology
- LED light source lasts over 20,000 hours
- Recharge battery via USB or included AC charger
- With optional iPod/iPhone Upgrade Kit play directly from your Apple device
* VGA image and 100% color gamut gives the user one of the highest quality images of any portable projector currently available Continue reading »
* Two integrated, half-watt stereo speakers help transform the MPro120 into a self-contained presentation device for entertainment or business application
* Projects eight to 50-inch still or moving image stored on a video capable pass-through device(e.g.MPR3 player, laptop computer, ect.)
* Uses Liquid Crystal on Silicon(LCOS) technology for superb image quality and minimization of component size.
* LED light source with 20,000 hour life means the unit is environmentally friendly and there is no need for a replacement bulb
Continue reading »
* Amazingly Mini! Only 4.4 x 1.9 x 0.6 inches or about the size of a cell phone
* Connect to almost any device including your PC/laptop, video games, cell phones, DVD players, ipod video / touch, iphone and more
* Great for business presentations, movies, gaming, YouTube, internet browsing, DVDs and more!
* Includes lithium ion battery, charger cable, video cable, extra long 40 inch VGA cable, cool twist stand and a quick start guide.
The versatile Optoma EP-PK-101 PICO projector is the smallest projector you have ever seen! Its compact size and durability make it a must have for travel and on-the-spot presentations. Small enough to fit in your pocket, bright enough to spark your imagination.
* Connects to: Continue reading »
a) iPod, iPhone, and iTouch with included bundled connection kit
b) Camcorders, DV-Cams, and Digital Cameras enabled with standard composite AV Out with included composite cable
c) DVD Players and other video players enable with standard composite AV Out with included composite cable
Note: This product does not connect to notebook computers, PCs, PDAs, cell phones, or other devices unless the device has composite output. Please make sure to consult your device’s owner manual.
* Projects image size up to 60 inches
* Utilizes DLP Pico technology
* LED light source lasts over 20,000 hours
* Recharge battery via USB or included AC charger
Continue reading »
Continue reading »
* Truly portable – pocket-sized, lightweight and rechargeable
* Project large images up to 60-Inch diagonal
* 2000:1 contrast ratio for detailed images
* LED light source lasts over 20,000 hours while producing excellent color
Continue reading »
Pocket projectors are small portable LCD projectors for use with mobile devices. With an iPhone projector and an iPhone, you can bring a movie theater experience anywhere you go: the living room, the bedroom ceiling, the bus… Or give business presentations and slideshows on the go.
See our guide to the best deals on iPhone Projectors here.
Pocket projectors are portable LCD projectors meant to be used with mobile devices. With an iPod projector and an iPod, you can bring a movie theater experience anywhere you go: the living room, the bedroom ceiling, the bus…
See our guide to the best deals on iPod Projectors here.
Pocket projectors, also known as pico projectors, are the latest hot gadget. These tiny LED projectors are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, yet can project an image over a whole wall. Hook them up to your cell phone, laptop, or iPod, and you’ll be able to project photos and movies anywhere you go–like your own personal movie theater. Various pocket projectors now in production include the Optoma Pico Projector, the BenQ Joybee GP1, the Mitsubishi PK20 PocketProjector, the Toshiba LED Pico Projector, and the Dell Dell M109S Pocket Projector. If you’re looking for a cheap pocket projector, great deals can be found online, especially with pocket projector coupons. Check back here at CheapPocketProjector.com for the best deals on pocket projectors.